Tuesday 29 December 2020

Big ain't always better

     

 
Luther leaned over to the Nakajima backseat and grabbed an enormous assault rifle from under the blanket. 
     “This here is something precious I meant to show you before,” he said. “My Kaiten T50 Devastator. Pretty little thing, don’t you think? Gas cooled with single and rapid fire functions. Got a pump action armour piercing option, too. That’s the silver tube underneath with the fins given to me personally by the Colonel from his collection when times were sweeter between us. The customised zebra skin on the grip and the stock was my idea.”
     “I figured that.” Rei patted her handbag. “Anyway, I’ll keep with my .22 IJN Midnight Special.”
     "That little old pocket revolver? Hell, that’s no more than a goddamn toy.”
     “Big ain’t always better, honey. So how come you know there’s someone over there?”
     Luther clipped in a magazine underneath the Kaiten then slung it over his shoulder. “Tents don’t put themselves up, Rei.”


No comments:

Post a Comment